They are perfect to eat with a cup of tea, or make fancy home-baked gifts for your friends and family.
Makes 10-12 cookies
- 80g plain flour
- 25g cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 90g caster sugar (I've also tested using granulated sugar, and this works as well)
- 25g butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- 10ml amaretto
- 35g icing sugar, for dusting
1. Sieve the flour and cocoa powder into a bowl, and add the baking powder and sugar. Stir briefly to combine.
3. In a separate bowl or jug, whisk the egg and amaretto together. Add to the dry ingredients. The easiest and quickest way to incorporate the egg/amaretto is by using your hands to pick up all of the flour mixture.
4. Bring the dough into a ball and cover in clingfilm. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
5. Preheat your oven to 180c/170c fan/gas mark 4 . Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
6. Take small walnut-sized balls of the mixture (weighing 20-25g each), and roll into a ball. Cover in icing sugar and place on a baking tray.
Love cookies? Then these White Chocolate and Custard Cookies will be perfect for you.