If you love the flavour of a Bounty and/or coconut in general, you will love these. With only three ingredients, these are perfect to whip up when you have a spare minute, or if you have unexpected guests. They are soft, yet crumbly, with a satisfying coconut-y taste and texture.
- 1 egg
- 110g dessicated coconut, unsweetened
- 75g caster sugar
1. Beat the egg with a fork briefly (for at most a minute). Add the dessicated coconut and sugar, and beat in (with a wooden spoon). Once combined, leave to stand for 20 minutes.
2. Preheat your oven to 180c/160c fan/ gas mark 4. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
3. Form the mixture into 8 balls. Place them on the baking tray, and flatten slightly with the back of a spoon (or your palm).
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden in colour. Take out of the oven and leave the macaroons for a few minutes on the tray. Transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
5. You're done! Enjoy your bounty ;)
Variation: How about trying a chocolate-coated macaroon and dip half of the baked/cooled macaroon in dark or milk chocolate?