These bars are super easy, delicious and you can vary the recipe with any nuts, seeds or dried fruit. You can even add chocolate if you like. They require no baking, and depending on the additional ingredients used (e.g. some dried fruits have additional sugar added), it's refined sugar-free!
I tend to add some protein powder for an extra protein boost, but it's completely optional :)
Makes 24 bars
- 225g (1 cup) porridge oats
- 100g peanut butter (1/4 cup) (crunchy or smooth)
- 100g (3/4 cup) seeds
- 50-100g (1/2 to 3/4 cup) dried fruit/ chopped nuts (I used an equal mixture of dried cranberries and apricots)
- 225g (1 cup) honey
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 20g (1 heaped tbsp) vanilla protein powder (optional)
1. Melt the honey and peanut butter in a saucepan, stirring occasionally, until the honey is bubbling.
2. Finely process the oats in a food processor, and pour into a large mixing bowl with all the remaining ingredients.
3. Pour the honey/peanut butter into the bowl, and stir well until the dry ingredients are completely coated in the honey/peanut butter.
4. Line a 30cm x 20cm tray with cling-film, and pour the mixture onto the tray. Level the mixture out with the back of a metal spoon (it's very sticky!).
5. Cover with cling-film, and put in the freezer for one hour.
6. Cut into 24 bars, and place in a plastic tub. Keep in the fridge or freezer.