Despite my previous healthy recipes, I do love a naughty treat. These gooey milk chocolate and cherry brownies are perfect warmed with some single cream or yoghurt. I’ve found a lot of people (including kids) who find the usual brownie too bitter. This recipe is perfect for everyone including them.
This recipe makes one circular 7cm brownie. To be honest, I only make this small quantity because I know I’ll devour all the brownie I bake :D The recipe is easily tripled or even quadrupled – just keep an eye on the brownie whilst baking, and when it is only slightly wobbly when shaken, it’s ready.
Makes one 7cm circular brownie (serves 2)
- 66g unsalted butter
- 150g milk chocolate
- 1 egg
- 40g brown sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 25-50g frozen cherries
- 100ml single cream or yoghurt
1. Preheat the oven to 180c/350f/gas mark 4. Grease and line the base of a 7cm round springform cake tin, or place a greased chef’s ring on a baking tray.
2. In a saucepan, melt the butter with the chocolate. Leave to cool for a few minutes.
3. Whisk together the eggs, vanilla extract and brown sugar in a medium bowl. Once the brown sugar has dissolved, add the flour, cocoa powder, chocolate/butter, and fold in.
Stir in the frozen cherries.
4. Pour into the cake tin. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the brownie wobbles slightly in the middle, and has a crisp top.
5. Serve warm with cream/yoghurt.