Makes 1 large jar (around 500g)
- 400g (around 2 1/2 cups)
- 175g (1/2 cup) honey (i used a set honey, but runny honey should also work)
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 30g (2 tbsp) butter
- 1-2 tsp coarsely ground sea salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 160c/ 320f/ gas mark 3. Add the butter, honey, cinnamon and 1 tsp sea salt to a saucepan and place on a medium heat. Heat until all of the butter has melted, then leave bubbling for 2-3 minutes.
2. In a mixing bowl add all of the nuts, then pour over the honey/butter mixture. Stir to combine.
3. Pour onto a large baking tray lined with baking parchment. Bake the nuts for 10 minutes. Stir the nuts (to prevent the ones on edge of the tray from catching), then bake for another 10 minutes. Leave the nuts to cool for 20-30 minutes.
4. Break the nuts apart - this is time consuming but the end result is so good, you'll be glad you did it!
5. Sprinkle the granulated sugar and the other teaspoon of salt over the nuts.